Current Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in helping out? Below are a handful of volunteer opportunities.
Office Management Assistant
- Assist with the maintenance of the office, classrooms, and theatre. Manage the office in terms of supply ordering, flyer organization, and maintaining our bulletin boards and advertising venues. (2 hours, twice a week)
- Provide general support including filing, and correspondence. (1-2 times per week)
Development Database Manager
- Help our development department run more smoothly by maintaining data, researching contacts and reconciling between two database systems. Training will be provided. Requires basic computer skills. (Long term commitment needed)
- Organize relevant articles and show information, compile useful articles and websites. Will also assist with general filing and department organization. (1-2 times a week)
- Help with the logging and tracking of transactions and checkbooks, deposits and payments. (4 hours once a week)
- Assist with paperwork preparation, test survey data entry and record keeping. (A few times a month)
Silent Auction Donation Coordinator
- Fulfill solicitation requests from other organizations and working from a standard template send donations, input the information into our database and keep a tally of donations made. (Bi-weekly/monthly)
Gala Team Members
- Our galas (The Blue Moon Ball and Blue Jeans Ball) are two of our most important fundraising opportunities. Assistance with a wide range of tasks from soliciting donations to organizing logistics and event staffing is needed. (Seasonal commitment)
Beyond the Office
Hardcopy Communications Liaison
- Help us get the word out about our classes, season and Saturday reading series to the community at large by forging new connections with companies and distributing fliers to organizations around Chicago.
- Do you have a few minutes in your day once a week to help the environment? Help us out by picking up our recyclables and delivering them to the nearest drop off location 1 mile away. (Once a week)
Work from Home
- Help us conduct research ranging from fundraising to corporations to individual’s information (On your own time with a short weekly/bi-weekly meeting in the office)
- Help us create our electronic monthly newsletter which keeps our supporters and network members up to date on the goings on at Chicago dramatists (1 time in office training then 4-5 hours a month).